What is Manual Treadmill?
Manual treadmills are basically ones that work without the help of any motor. Hence, these are also often referred to as non motorized treadmills. Manual ones are entirely self powered, which means you have to do the running or walking to set it in motion. With motorized products, the belt moves automatically, powered by an electrical motor. Opting for a manual or one that runs with the help of a motor is solely a matter of your discretion. If you happen to be interested in buying a manual product, you certainly need to know some of the things regarding this equipment. In that way, you will certainly know what you want to buy and also make a good choice.
Comparison of Top 5 Manual Treadmills of 2017
Manual treadmill reviews are a good way for customers to determine what suits them best, as it helps in making the right decisions regarding purchase. Take a peek into how to you can make up your choice in the matter.
Choose from various designs and types –
Before you take the final plunge into buying, you should be going through a lot of products and make sure they meet your foremost requirements. Like mentioned earlier, there will be numerous good brands to pick from and also other factors to consider. They come in different sizes and you will need to keep a tab on that too. Then you will have to go through the specification of a particular product, and decide if they fit your requirements. Talking of this, you can take a look through some of the self powered treadmill which is ruling the market at present.
- Avari Magnetic Treadmill – For its working, this type of a treadmill uses an adjustable magnetic resistance to get things going. It can be used for numerous purposes like that of jogging, walking and running and ensures that you get a good workout. The presence of an electric monitor gives some vital statistics on your workout phase, like distance covered, time taken, calories burnt and the speed of running. The treadmill is also of a very sturdy build and has wheels and folds up easily, so that makes portability a non-issue. It comes with a very affordable price tag and from one of the most reputed makers in the business, Stamina.
Read full Avari Magnetic Treadmill review
- Stamina InMotion – From the house of reputed makers Stamina, the In Motion is a non electric treadmill worthy of note. It comes at an affordable price for the consumer and has some very good features. Presence of two incline positions makes it a good one for power workouts. There are dual weighted flywheels and gives a very smooth and fluid action during workouts. This also has an electronic display that keeps track of all your workout statistics. There is the presence of foam padded rails at the sides and the front, for those needing support. The rubber flow is skid resistant and you won’t have to worry about losing your balance on this one. Made of stainless steel, the product has a strong build. It is foldable, hence making storage very easy.
- Phoenix 98510 Easy-Up Manual Treadmill – This one is manufactured by another reputed manufacturer in the market, Phoenix. The running belt is 41 inches in length and is accompanied by a heavy duty flywheel. It boasts of a single button display that will show you the statistics of your workout sessions. There is also the presence of a self powered workout mode that will help you with achieving the maximum jogging or walking speed. It has padded platforms that will help you in having a comfortable workout session, be it jogging or walking. There is a space for keeping your water bottle, just in case. It has a slight inclination and that will ensure you work harder at your exercises. It is well built and can easily hold up to a maximum weight of 250 lbs. It can be folded and stored in an upright manner.
- Phoenix 98516 Easy-Up Manual Treadmill – Another make from Phoenix, this self propelled treadmill is one of the most inexpensive products in the market. However, its inexpensiveness does not hide its power packed features. It is a very good buy, especially for those people who are looking to work out at home. It is 41.5 by 13.5 inches across the belt. It has a heavy duty flywheel, which is very well designed. You can again access all your workout statistics with the help of a one touch button. A self powered workout session is possible and that is an entirely separate mode on this piece of equipment. Maximum weight limit for this product is 250 pounds, which is quite a lot in this case. It has an inclined planed, which means you will have to work out relatively harder. It is also foldable and can be out away for storage. This make being fairly inexpensive but delivering well on features, happens to the perfect equipment for those who want to start working out at home.
- Stamina InMotion II – This also happens to be a Stamina product. It is perhaps among the easiest of the ones that are present in the market, in terms of operation. It has a good length and thus, even people with longer strides can use this rather comfortably. An electric display on it ensures that you do not miss out on the vital counts of your workout session. It displays speed, calories burned, distance covered, etc. it also comes with two inclines, namely of (8 & 10 degrees), which are adjustable and give you a better chance of shedding more calories if you please. The surface on it is non-slippery, unlike many of the very cheap makes that you might find in the market. The product is manufactured from heavy duty steel to ensure durability. It is very easy foldable and can save you a lot of space when needed.
- Proform – Another reliable maker is Proform treadmill manual. Some of the best such products are made by them. Their products also have a wide array of features and some of them, pretty unique too. So you can look forward to surfing through their products too, before deciding.
Go for a good make –
You should always look to buy a product that has been manufactured by a good maker. A well reputed brand has that reputation to maintain in the market, and therefore, will always offer good product quality. This assures them of a strong customer base. On the other hand, you being the owner of a good product are assured of quality that is good value for the money you have paid.
Within your budget –
As a customer, it is very important to stick to your budget. Since you are planning to buy a treadmill that is self powered, they are relatively inexpensive compared to many other gym equipments. A figure of around $110 should get you started on the very basic ones in this category, and you can move higher up the price ladder if your budget permits. You can get the best of the lot at around $250. The ones in the higher price bracket come with numerous other added features.
Customer service –
This is a very important point to take note of. With regular use, it is likely that the product will require good servicing from time to time. Although most of the products have warranty on the equipment body and the parts, they may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and also cover only a certain portion of time. Therefore, you should be well informed about customer support, in case you require them. You will likely want to have a servicing center closer to your place, so that transportation will be easier. You will also have to consider from reviews, if the support staff are cooperative and ready to help out. Often, extra or separate charges may apply during the servicing of certain parts of the equipment, which will have to be borne by you. So keeping a good note of all these points will be of good help when you are buying your first product.
Payment options & shipping –
These days with the prevalence of online shopping most products are delivered to customers devoid of any shipping charges. Again there may be certain places where such delivery might not be available some reason, so before buying check on whether your address is off that list.
Stores also offer numerous payment options for easy payment facilities. There may be discounts and sales windows offered from time to time. Be sure to check up on those as many featured products are available at much cheaper prices. That surely gives you great value for the price you pay.
Going by the best treadmill reviews 2016, these manually powered products are some of the best one can opt for in the category. These products generally tick most the factors that someone, as a customer, would look forward to.
Avari magnetic treadmill
Phoenix 98510 Easy-Up
Phoenix 98516 Easy-Up
LifeSpan TR 1200i Folding Treadmill